Thursday, May 24, 2007

31 Map Skyline

This is examples of my work from November 2006. I am doing more collage now than paintings. I hope to return to painting in the new year all being well. 2007 will be a year when I planned to get out there more. I need to push myself. If anyone has any ideas to help me with this plan, please email as soon as possible. With thanks.
'Santa' - For Sale - £30
Christmas is a time for children and it is good to see that this santa has a sack full of toys (mainly wooden) for the kids. Most kids this Christmas will get a PS2 I bet!. I love the blues in this piece and it reflects the fact for some Christmas is not a happy time.
'Barcelona' -For Sale - £45
A cut-up Barcelona already to be explored. No Mosaic collage on this piece, just the use of a craft knife as my tool of exploration.

'Guitar' - For Sale - £40
Using two techniques to make this picture stand out. The Guitar is one of the most popular instruments of the 20th Century and continues to be. The acoustic of course is the instrument that will tell everyone if you can play it or not.

'31 Map Skyline' -For Sale - £35
Another in my skyline series, which started with 'treasure map skyline' and it is another that I will visit from time to time, as I feel that they are unique to me.

'Christ in a Busy World' - Private Collection
Religion will always play a part in my art and for that I make no apologises. This piece was constructed for a friend from Hove Methodist Church who has decided to be a lay pretcher and I know that he will need inspiration from time to time and I hope this collage will help him.
'Guardian Angel' -Private Collection
This piece I constructed for another friend of mine and it was to look after her in times of stress.

'Ploughman's Lunch' -For Sale - £35
An early 80's picture of a farm work taking a break and a play on words. I tried to make the circle as green and earth coloured as possible to reflect the fact that this man works with the soil.

'Red Dream' - For Sale - £40
A follow-on from the piece produced a few months back called 'Red World'. I am hoping that I will be able from time to time to construct pieces that are in the same style.



'Church Music2' -For Sale - £30
This also is another follow-up from Church Music one, which was used in a concert poster. I think it is important to show that music is a very important part of the church service.




'Tarot Girl' -For Sale - £45
Using images from the Barcelona series, I constructed this abstract to have a message. The Tarot is a strong signal to some, this one being I believe, Judgement. Sometime we are very harsh to judge others and make mistakes.


'Zodiac Girl' -For Sale - £45
This one sort of follows-on from Tarot Girl, without the nudity and being more to do with the colouring than the Zodiac symbolism that the picture reflects.