Thursday, May 24, 2007

Golden Red & others from 2006

This selection of work comes from the final 5 months of 2006. Newer and larger work will be shown in the coming weeks.



'New Jersey 63' - For Sale - £30
This piece comes from the series of works from July/Aug of 2006 that were inspired to use more scraps of paper as in the style of 'The Saint Lawrence' that was a tribute to the late Syd Barrett. I am not sure if I will be using this style again in 2007 but I enjoyed it at the time.

'Champagne & Chips' - For Sale - £35
I believe that this picture was taken on The Palace Pier and it shows the difference in classes. The Mosaic patterning was created to be rough and bright, as if some celebration was in progress.

'Head Scarf Girl' - For Sale - £35
One of the first pictures I tried my hand at in April 2005 was a piece which has now been sold called "Egypt/Israel". This head scraf girl was an attempt to re-create that piece and I am very pleased with the mosaic patterning that this piece produced as other pieces have a theme to the colours but this one is out on a limb.

'Wheel' -For Sale - £20
Nothing in common, no message, except that the wheel is the major force in industry. This is the smallest piece that I did in 2006 and uses images from a piece about the Britain through the centuries.


'Woman and Time' - For Sale - £40
Beauty and the beast of time. Because I am beautiful I can be excused from being late. Get me to the church on time?


'The Rannock Cross' - For Sale - £30
This piece is about promoting Jesus/God and is using images that tell of a journey such as the map, the sea, the bridge struts and the circle of life in the middle of the piece. Behind the cross in black and white is the inside of a church.


'Black Beret' -For Sale - £35
Another in my series of half faces which have not seen light of day in a while. I loved the strong features of the old man and his simple dress which included the beret.



'Golden Red' - For Sale - £30
All scraps of paper that have been used in other works and kept safe. This uses the smallest to tell a story and that story is up to your imagination. The Mosaic patterning returns to the top and edges to be in keeping with the piece and all told there is a message.


'Mushroom Rouge' -For Sale - £30
Another following the series of the previous piece that tells of Blue Skies and other deep reds of life. See if you can spot the mushroom being prepared for dinner?