Thursday, May 24, 2007

7 Crosses Exhibition & Junior Youth Club Picture



1



2



3



4



5



6



7



8




9



Seven Crosses - Easter Exhibition - Hove Methodist Church
Easter, April 2006. I had decided a few months back that I was going to do an exhibition for Hove Methodist Church on the theme of Crosses. As you can see in Picture 1, they were displayed on notice boards and there was a brief explanation of each piece. I hoped that they would help people to think about the story of Easter and how it affects us in the 21st Century. Picture 3 gives a better explanation of what the Exhibition is all about. I have received many praises from members of the church and I am pleased that it has been received well.
Hove Methodist Church Junior Youth Club Easter Picture "Christ has risen"
I was asked by the leaders of the Junior Youth Club to come along and stage a workshop with the children aged between 4 and 10. I was originally going to do several smaller pictures with them, but it was suggested that as it was nearing Easter, it would be good for them to start thinking about the Easter Story and so the seeds of this idea were sown. The finished piece took two Youth Club sessions and one with the Sunday Club. Then it was down to me to do the black edging to make the piece look more like stained glass. I am very proud of the children that helped me and it was a great experience for me. One which I would love to repeat someday. On Easter Sunday this piece with take proud of place in the children's area of Hove Methodist Church.