Thursday, May 24, 2007

Babe Radio
























Fill the space has been motto for sometime and I feel that with these larger pieces constructed this month I am doing just that. The idea behind most of the pictures is to show that art can be made from recycling paper. In this case I have used old magazines, books and other throw away items. I think in this day and age it is better to show that we can use as much of our waste items as possible! Also the muse, Kurt, has helped out.




1. Edge77 - This piece was using a lot of yellows and browns from envolpes, the title comes from the door number and the map. I was hoping to make this piece as busy and interesting as possible and I think that I have done that.





2. Gold & Silver - This is another fast piece and uses a lot of pictures of cameras if you look closely. I like the use of the half circle which has followed me about in a lot of my works and the fact that a lot of reds/browns have been used.





3. Wreckin - A piece in which I have tried to be cleaver in some respects as I have used pictures of enlarged stamps and therefore given the impression of a smaller piece it is infact the same size as 'Gold & Silver'.





4. Borrowed View - Crumpled waste pictures have been used to give this some age, and I am pleased with the result. Another work in this collection has a crumpled piece in it, can you spot it?





5. F - See how some of the works have a straight line in them. This is straight out of the book of schwitters collage and it is the formular that works!





6. An Airman admires Don Quixote - This was an attempt at an all black and white version of the style that I am using at the moment. It is a piece that will be tried again and again.





7. Watch the Face - This is a play on words and it refers to the watch in the centre of the piece and the torn face below. Upside down building, half a face, roses and test pages all make up the finished piece.





8. Urban Jungle - A busy lifestyle. A Saturday market, a girl with yellow background, oil in rain puddle, it is a jungle and it is very urban and busy. Get with the flow.





















9. Babe Radio - This piece uses it title from a painting by Peter Blake (designer of the Sgt. Pepper LP cover) called Babe Rainbow. It probably isn't pc to say 'babe' at this time but I don't care! Art for the Artists!
He is one of my influences and has designed LP covers for Paul Weller and is currently on the cover of the Greatest hits by Oasis.





















10. Secessio - A work using music as its background and some of the works by Impressionist etc. Secessio the title comes from Secission when the 'n' was chopped off.





















11. Blue Music - This piece was an attempt to use only blue colours and therefore enter my blue period. Music and churches play a big part in my life and so it does in this picture.





















12. Transform the austere space - A real planned out and directed piece. "It is clear that this austere space no longer meets the needs of our primary uses and users, which in turn constrains our capacity to expand our world-class programs and to capitalize on new and far-reaching opportunities" Director of James Reserve Research.



13. Artefacts - Different, yet all the same, same but different from the book of life, Laugh at Clowns, smile at beauty, Arabic writings, modern science, and crumpled outdoor fields of colour, its all there as artefacts of a time that crosses from 20th to 21st Century.
In the near future I am thinking about not filling all the space. I have an idea about using only some of the space to create a world where there is more freedom for the eye. Stay tuned!